Welcome to McCulloch One Name Study
Document the McCulloch surname from its origins in Scotland through its many branches in Ulster, the Americas and beyond. Click here to email me for specific queries. I'll do my best to help.
Have you ever met a McCulloch who looks a lot like you, but isn't one of your family? DNA testing can help connect the lost branches of your McCulloch family. If you are a McCulloch male, you can take a Y-DNA test!
--> Order a Y-DNA test here <--
For more information on McCulloch and its variants, please visit these pages:
OTHER MCCULLOCH COMMUNITIES
Check out our cousin's websites:
Connecting the descendants of Captain John McCollough (1770-1847) and Elizabeth Spangler (1779-1858), pioneers of Butler County, Pennsylvania, and exchanging information about Spangler and Fiscus family history.
Details of Irish McCullochs descended from the Lairds of Myretoun in Galloway who came to Ireland in 1626.
The purpose of the organization is to collecting and preserve historical materials related to Clan McCulloch, encourage and support DNA and genealogical research related to McCulloch families of all spelling variations, and celebrate Clan McCulloch heritage.
Check out the new blog at http://blog.mcculloch.scot
Statistics — McCulloch One Name Study
This family tree was last updated on October 29, 2022.
2022 - Broke the website and had to re-build!
2021 - Started the Blog! http://blog.mcculloch.scot
2020 - Launched the McCulloch Map of Castles and Notable Residences
2019 - Started the One Name Study for McCulloch
2018 - Completed transcription of "A History of the Galloway Families of McCulloch" resulting in a GEDCOM of 1200 individuals. This is the data on this website. Also available on Ancestry here.
2017 - Located a copy of "A history of the Galloway Families of McCulloch" by Walter Jameson and started building a GEDCOM.
2016 - Started researching the "McCulloch of Whitefield & Blackhill" branch tracing the male line from Wigtownshire to Uruguay
2015 - Created individual trees for McCulloch/McCullough Haplogroup R1a1a - Group 1s
Research to date has focused on the following branches. Branch #5 is currently available on this website.
1. McCulloch of Auchenmalg, Blackhill and Whitefield, Wigtownshire, Scotland and their descendant branches in Banda Oriental (present day Uruguay).
4. McCulloch of Glasgow and Horatio McCulloch RSA, the painter.
5. McCulloch of Myreton, Wigtownshire, Scotland (including Myretoun, Ardwell, Killasser, Torhouse, Drummorrell, Inshanks and Mule, Torhousekie, Cardiness, Barholm, Kirkclaugh, Auchengool, Nether Ardwall) and their descendant branches located in Ulster, Northern Ireland and the United States. Notable individuals in this branch include two brothers who fought in the American Civil War: Major General Benjamin McCulloch and Brigadier General Henry Eustace McCulloch. Also their distant cousin Major Samuel McColloch of the infamous McColloch's Leap.
6. McCulloch of Dornoch, Sutherland, Scotland including descendants Hugh McCulloch, 27th Secretary of the Treasury under President Abraham Lincoln (New England, US).
7. McCulloch of St Ninians, Stirlingshire, Scotland including descendants William Moore McCulloch, American Politician and Civil Rights activist (Ohio, US).
On this day